My photo
Morocco
"Chance encounters are what keep us going." -Murakami

Friday, May 29, 2009

Houses and Chicken Shop Cats

So I ordered a cat the other day at the chicken shop. It sounds strange I know, but literally that is what I did. The story goes like this: At the local chicken shops here, there are animals that hang out around these shops hoping for some tasty treats. My city has many cats, and only a few dogs. The cats keep away mice, and get a little chicken. At one place in particular, there is gorgeous calico cat. It just so happens that the cat is pregnant with a kitten or more. So after seeing this pregnant cat, I asked if it would be possible if there is a kitten like the mother if I could have it when it is time to be weaned. Of course he said yes. So hopefully this means that in a few months time I will have a calico kitten, and of course this means pictures will be up.

This brings me into my next topic, which is house hunting. Right now, in my village it is difficult to find a place to stay. This is because outside of town about 20km there is a large dam that is being built. So workers need to have a place to stay, and my town is the biggest town in the area. I finish my home-stay with my family in just over a month, and so the past few days have been spent going out and looking at potential places to rent. Yesterday alone I looked at about eight places. This is much more than I anticipated, and gave me a good feel for what I wanted or should expect in a place.

I saw a variety of places, some close to the center of town, some really far away from the center. I saw some places that were too small, and a place that was so nice and extremely too large for me. I saw some places that were super dirty and needed a lot of work, and I saw places that were in very good shape.

So after a long day of searching, I think that I may have found my new home for the next 22 months. It is a nice house, with a large communal room and 2 bedrooms, and a kitchen and Turkish toilet. There is also a shed for storing my fuel-wood for the winter, and if I want I can get some farm animals.

OH, and the last thing is this... My address has changed slightly. So those of you that had my address, the postal code has changed. The last digit changed from a zero to a two... so 0 changes to 2.

Promise there will be more posts soon.
Cheers!
Me!

Music Of Choice: Radiohead - "Kid A" album

No comments: